Booker Behavioral Health Center
About Our Behavioral Health Center
As the area's premier provider, Meridian Behavioral Health Services has provided comprehensive mental health and substance abuse services to the residents of Monmouth and Ocean Counties since 1974. Meridian is dedicated to providing outstanding Behavioral Health Services to all members of our communities.
Riverview Medical Center offers the following services:
- Addiction Recovery – Services for adults who need treatment for substance abuse and addiction in an outpatient setting including an Adult Intensive Outpatient Program, 16-week DWI educational group, and continuing care for those in recovery. Services are provided in individual, group, and family settings.
- Adolescent Intensive Outpatient Groups – Treatment for adolescents between the ages of 13 and 17 who are experiencing serious emotional and/or behavioral difficulties at home, in school or in the community.
- Adult Partial Hospitalization – Services to adults with severe and persistent mental illnesses who require more assistance than an outpatient service can provide but less structure than an inpatient service entails.
- Children's Specialty Groups – Various groups for children between the ages of 7 and 12 addressing anger management, coping skills, social skills, and self-esteem.
- Crisis Unit – Crisis intervention, assessments, linkage and referrals for adults, adolescents, and children experiencing an acute psychiatric emergency.
- Inpatient Psychiatric – An array of psychiatric, substance abuse, and medical services for patients age 18 years and older who are experiencing an acute exacerbation of a mental illness and require inpatient treatment for stabilization and safety.
- Outpatient Mental Health Services – Services, from short-term, solution-oriented psychotherapy to medication management, in individual, group, couple, and family settings.
- Transitional Medication Services & Medication Clinic – Outpatient services to adults with severe and persistent mental illness who are in need of psychiatric evaluation and medication monitoring.
- Booker Behavioral Health Center, 661 Shrewsbury Avenue, Shrewsbury, NJ 07702
- Riverview Medical Center, 1 Riverview Plaza, Red Bank, NJ 07701
Find a Physician
Looking for a physician in your area? By using our Physician Directory, you can search for a New Jersey physician by specialty, facility, town, and zip code right now.
For more information on any physician, call 1-800-560-9990 or 1-800-DOCTORS.