About ACR Accreditation
The ACR is a national professional organization serving more than 34,000 diagnostic/interventional radiologist, radiation oncologists, nuclear medicine physicians, and medical physicists with programs focusing on the practice of medical imaging and radiation oncology, and the delivery of comprehensive health care services. When you see the gold seal of accreditation you can be sure the facility will meet the highest level of patient safety standard and image quality.
Benefits of having an imaging exam done at an accredited facility:
When you see the ACR gold seal of accreditation, you can be sure that you are in a facility that meets standards for imaging quality and safety. The ACR gold seal of accreditation is awarded only to facilities meeting ACR Practice Guidelines and Technical Standards after a peer-review evaluation by board-certified physicians and medical physicists who are experts in the field. Image quality, personnel qualifications, adequacy of facility equipment, quality control procedures, and quality assurance programs are assessed. The findings are reported to the ACR Committee on Accreditation, which subsequently provides the practice with a comprehensive report they can use for continuous practice improvement.
What does ACR accreditation mean?
• Our facility has voluntarily gone through a vigorous review process to ensure that we meet nationally-accepted standards of care.
• Our personnel are well qualified, through education and certification, to perform medical imaging, interpret your images, and administer your radiation therapy treatments.
• Our equipment is appropriate for the test or treatment you will receive, and our facility meets or exceeds quality assurance and safety guidelines.
Important information about radiation safety:
Before your imaging procedure be sure to ask your physician the following questions:
• Why is the exam needed?
• How will the exam improve my health care?
• Are there any alternative options?
• Are pediatric exams done using smaller-doses of radiation?
- Riverview Medical Center, 1 Riverview Plaza, Red Bank, NJ 07701
Find a Physician
Looking for a physician in your area? By using our Physician Directory, you can search for a New Jersey physician by specialty, facility, town, and zip code right now.
For more information on any physician, call 1-800-560-9990 or 1-800-DOCTORS.