About Our Stroke Rehabilitation Program
Accredited Stroke Rehabilitation Program
Riverview Rehabilitation Center is the only acute rehabilitation center in Monmouth County that is CARF-accredited (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities) for treating stroke patients. In fact, it is one of only two centers in the state of New Jersey with this distinction.
In tandem with accreditation from The Joint Commission's Certificate of Distinction as a Primary Stroke Center, this accreditation indicates that Riverview's quality of care is effectively managed to meet the unique and specialized needs of stroke patients.
These accreditations are important components of Riverview Medical Center's comprehensive stroke program. They demonstrate that our patients have access to the clinical expertise, resources and care they require to recover from a stroke from the moment they come to our Emergency Care Center through to their rehabilitation.
Outpatient Stroke Rehabilitation
Stroke recovery often continues beyond the inpatient setting. When you become a member of our family after suffering a stroke you can feel comforted that the excellent care you received as an inpatient will extend to your outpatient needs as well. Backed by the expertise of Meridian Neuroscience and the capabilities of the Medical Center, Riverview’s outpatient stroke rehabilitation therapies include:
- Bioness (H200 and L300) – designed to promote muscle return of the arm and leg through functional electrical stimulation.
- VitalStim Therapy – helps restore swallowing function to improve quality of life.
- Modified Barium Swallow (MBS) – studies that assess swallow function and physiology.
- Virtual techniques using Nintendo Wii
As part of Meridian Neuroscience, we have a dedicated team of professionals who treat diseases and injuries which threaten your body’s critical control and nerve centers. We provide care in the most appropriate setting to enhance therapeutic outcomes and help you regain your functional independence.Neurological Rehabilitation programs include:
- Parkinson’s Disease: Individuals with Parkinson’s Disease have benefited from our multi-disciplinary approach, which includes formal screenings for balance abilities and upper extremity coordination, and assessment of results to determine the best possible therapy.
- Center for Balance and Dizziness at Riverview: Patients who experience balance or dizziness problems are assessed in a multi-disciplinary setting to determine their cause of instability. At our Center, patients are seen by a licensed audiologist using Video Nystagmography
- (VNG): To test the function of the vestibular system. Additionally, patients undergo a balance assessment administered by one of our licensed physical therapists to help determine risk for falls. From there, members of our expert team will sit down with you to determine the best vestibular and physical therapy to address your specific rehabilitative needs.
- Spasticity Management: Through our two outpatient rehabilitation facilities, you will find the most current treatment options to improve movement and manage symptoms of spasticity
A Moment Changes EverythingSee patient testimonials at MeridianNeuroscience.com.
Full Continuum of Care
We recognize that your recovery continues after you leave Riverview. As part of the Meridian Health family, we also offer access to comprehensive outpatient and subacute rehabilitation services at convenient locations throughout Monmouth and Ocean counties, or in your home through Meridian At Home.
- Riverview Medical Center, 1 Riverview Plaza, Red Bank, NJ 07701
Find a Physician
Looking for a physician in your area? By using our Physician Directory, you can search for a New Jersey physician by specialty, facility, town, and zip code right now.
For more information on any physician, call 1-800-560-9990 or 1-800-DOCTORS.