Stereotactic Breast Biopsy Procedure
About Stereotactic Breast Biopsy
Stereotactic breast biopsy uses computer imaging to allow for the precise removal of a small area of breast tissue. Your surgeon performs the biopsy with the assistance of a radiologist.
Advantages of stereotactic breast biopsy over surgical biopsy:
- It is performed under local anesthesia, while you are awake.
- It is faster.
- It is less costly.
- It is less complicated.
- A smaller amount of breast tissue is removed.
- You can return to normal activities more quickly.
We offer several types of stereotactic breast biopsies:
- ABBI (Advanced Breast Biopsy Instrument)
- MIBB (Minimal Invasive Breast Biopsy)
- Core Needle Biopsy
Your doctor will determine whether or not you are a candidate for any of these biopsies.
- Riverview Medical Center, 1 Riverview Plaza, Red Bank, NJ 07701
Find a Physician
Looking for a physician in your area? By using our Physician Directory, you can search for a New Jersey physician by specialty, facility, town, and zip code right now.
For more information on any physician, call 1-800-560-9990 or 1-800-DOCTORS.
Paint the Town Pink
Paint the Town Pink is Riverview Medical Center's community-wide effort to raise awareness of the importance of annual mammography that takes place every May.