Pediatric Care Center
Your Community. Your Family. Your Hospital.
Pediatric Care Center – Part of Hackensack Meridian Health Pediatric Network
Your child’s health and well-being are your most important priority. But even though you may try your best to keep your child healthy and safe, you cannot predict an emergency and it is not always easy to know exactly what to do when you’re in that emergency situation. But through Hackensack Meridian Health Pediatric Network, you can take comfort in knowing that our center provide your child the most complete, most coordinated care when they need it most.
Affiliated with K. Hovnanian Children’s Hospital, our Pediatric Care Center provides enhanced pediatric services in an environment dedicated to emergent and specialized medical care for children. Every child is seen and treated in a timely fashion, by a dedicated team skilled at caring for the unique needs of children.
Features of the Center:
- Enhanced pediatric services in an environment dedicated to emergent and specialized medical care for children
- Dedicated team skilled at caring for the unique needs of children
- Dedicated emergency care beds, private observation rooms/short stay rooms
- Access to over 100 pediatric specialists from K. Hovnanian Children’s Hospital at Jersey Shore University Medical Center
Your Pediatric Care Center Team
- In-house pediatricians are consulted 24-hours-a-day for every pediatric patient
- Board certified emergency medicine physicians
- Magnet-recognized certified pediatric nurses
- Emergency care pediatric nurse providers
Common Reasons to Bring Your Child to the Emergency Room
- Respiratory illness (difficulty breathing, wheezing)
- Fever associated with rash, stiff neck, headache
- Large cut requiring stitches
- Head injuries
- Persistent vomiting/diarrhea (signs and symptoms of dehydration)
- Allergic reaction
- Sports related injuries
- Abdominal pain
The Pediatric Care Center at Riverview is open seven days a week, and is supported by the Alton A. Hovnanian Emergency Care Center 24-hours-a-day, 7 days a week. In the event of an emergency, you should always call your pediatrician right away. When in doubt, call 911 for immediate attention.
The Alton A. Hovnanian Emergency Care Center
You cannot anticipate an emergency, however if one strikes you can expect the Alton A. Hovnanian Emergency Care Center at Riverview Medical Center to be ready for you, 24-hours-a-day, 7 days a week.
In times of difficulty you want the familiarity and comfort of home, and as your community hospital, Riverview offers just that. With your comfort top of mind our Center has often been recognized for providing an outstanding experience. Learn more.
Find a Physician
Looking for a physician in your area? By using our Physician Directory, you can search for a New Jersey physician by specialty, facility, town, and zip code right now.
For more information on any physician, call 800-560-9990.
To learn more about our Pediatric Care Center, please call 732-530-2336. If you or someone around you is experiencing an emergency, call 911 immediately.
Hours of Operation:
The Pediatric Care Center at Riverview is open seven days a week. The Center is supported by the Alton A. Hovnanian Emergency Care Center 24-hours-a-day, 7 days a week.