Surgical Day Stay
More and more, surgery is moving to a less invasive approach known as minimally invasive surgery, which reduces the size of the incision, and generally results in less pain and scarring, faster recovery, and reduced incidence of post-surgical complication. Additionally, many of these surgeries can be completed on a same day basis so patients go home less than 24 hours after surgery.
What is Surgical Day Stay?
Surgical Day Stay is an outpatient service for surgical patients undergoing same day surgery that will go home in less than 24 hours, as well as preparing patients who will be admitted to the Medical Center after more extensive surgical procedures.
A variety of cases fit into this category, including general surgical procedures, as well as specialty cases including: orthopedic, spine, neurology, plastic surgery, ear/nose/throat, obstetrics/gynecology, thoracic, vascular, ophthalmology, urology, and more. Patients can receive a variety of anesthesia: local, epidural, spinal, monitored anesthesia, conscious sedation, and general anesthesia.
Common procedures in Surgical Day Stay include, but are not limited to:
- Cataract Surgery
- Nasal Surgery
- Sinus Surgery
- Deviated Septum Repair
- Dilation and Curettage (D&C)
- Bunion Surgery
- Hardware Removal
- Tonsil and Adenoid Removal
- Carpal Tunnel Surgery
- Cyst Drainage
- Varicose Vein Ligation
- Breast Tumor Removal and Biopsy
- Tubal Ligation
- Breast Reduction / Augmentation
- Hernia Surgery
- Lithotripsy for Kidney Stones
Download our Patient Guide to Surgical Day Stay.
An Environment of Healing
Riverview Medical Center has always offered excellent surgical care, but now has an environment to match with the recent opening of the new Surgical Day Stay.
The newly renovated and relocated Surgical Day Stay features a relaxed and “at home” feeling including:
- An oversized surgical waiting area complete with comfortable, lounge style chairs, a flat screen television, calming fish tank, and nourishment area
- 23 new healing areas, each equipped with a 26” television, individually keyed lockers for personal items, and comfortable chairs for family and friends. Additionally, each bay becomes personalized with three options for overhead lighting to be controlled by the patient
- A new private consultation room for families and surgeons to meet following procedures to discuss private matters
Find a Physician
Looking for a physician in your area? By using our Physician Directory, you can search for a New Jersey physician by specialty, facility, town, and zip code right now.
For more information on any physician, call 800-560-9990.
Riverview Medical Center
1 Riverview Plaza
Red Bank, NJ 07701
If you are interested in learning more about surgical services at Riverview, please contact our Surgical Services department at 732-530-2442.